Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Autumn, and other things Fall

Fall is such a glorious time of year, isn't it?  My sister gave me a great wooden sign several years ago at Christmastime:  IT'S THE MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEAR.  I immediately hung it (in case she dropped by) and do you know what?  I've never been able to take it down.  Every season holds such joy and potential for change.  After spending the past few months working at keeping everything clean and green, the trees decided to dump mountains of leaves.  Aren't they pretty?


Brady loves to rake leaves, although his technique resembles a golf swing:)



Drew likes to pick up apples, and take one bite out of each one:)



Jude is a master in the kitchen and loves to help.  Here he's making apple crisp.  The only thing he doesn't like to deal with is eggs.  I did something really bad with an egg one time, Nini.  I didn't ask:(



Ada doesn't have time to rake leaves or pick up apples because she's so busy looking cute!



Jude wanted his picture taken with this huge branch that fell on him!



Kissing in the tree fort???  I'm only 3!!



Jude, back in the kitchen, this time making applesauce.  I only assist, because, by golly, we're doing it his way!


I love this picture, especially the way Brady is holding onto Drew so he won't fall out -



This is Drew playing in his own yard, peeking through the lavender.


This guy was LOOKING IN THE BATHROOM WINDOW one morning last week when I got out of the shower!!!!!!  He was HUGE.  By the time I got my heart going again and grabbed my Brownie, he was heading over the bank.  That was okay with me:)

Fall:  The tank tops and flip flops fell by the wayside.  The sweaters and jackets fell out of the closet.  The leaves fell off the trees to make a big mess and remind me I'm not the boss of everything.  The time fell back one hour, and whazzup with that???
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment