Thursday, April 28, 2011

The day I came to my senses


Can you see the love in his eyes?



For the sake of my story, let's give the baby a name: I like to call him Judey.



Here we are, together at last:) I waited a very long time for this picture. All my younger friends
were grandmothers. This is not a great picture of Judey, but it's a pretty good shot of me, if you like noses.

I've always been quite thrilled with life in general, but NOW I have a new baby.
My own babies (two boys now in their mid-30's) were magical to me. I loved most
phases of their lives, although I remember finding them quite irritating between the ages
of about 8 and 28 years old. That's only 20 years of hell, so I'm not complaining. The wee little
years were my favorite. They LOVED me; they relied on me, they ran to me with owies and hugs
and problems and joys and broken toys. It was the ego trip of my life.

What did I ever do to deserve another ticket on the merry-go-round?
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment