Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Retirement gift

The paperwork was complete, my desk was cleaned out, the party was over, the goodbyes and solongs had been exchanged, and then my gift arrived. By stork.


Meet sweet baby Drew. 

It seems strange to me that, even though Drew was the fourth grandbaby in under two years, I felt like he was the first and only.  I have total recall of the day he was born.  Drew arrived safely into a perfect family circle, rounding out the playing field at that house:  two parents, two boys.  Having raised two boys, it was as if someone had pushed "REFRESH" on my emotional computer. Watching Drew grow and change along with his brother, I have a wierd sense of reverse closure on my own boys' young years. 

Drew was a fiesty little bundle from the get-go, and although he is fourth in line to the throne (I mean potty seat), this child is going to be second to none. 


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment